Function and Applications
Upgrade set as an extension of the XRE 4.0 X-ray expert set (09110-88). This set is particularly suitable for the qualitative and quantitative X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy of metallic samples in physics and material science (non-destructive testing).
The set covers the following experiments and topics:
- Various different types of samples can be analysed: powders, solids, and liquids
- Material analyses of pure metals and multi-component alloys
- Moseley's laws energy-dispersive Bragg structure analysis
- Determination of the lattice constant of monocrystals
- Duane-Hunt's law of displacement
- X-ray fluorescence analysis for layer thickness determination
- Characteristics and the special resolving power of an X-ray energy detector
- Immediate measurements possible because energy detector does not require warm-up
- Measurement data can be viewed in real-time as soon as x-ray tube is switched on
- In combination with the XR 4.0 X-ray multi-channel analyser (13727-99), the entire X-ray energy spectrum (2-35 keV) of the analysed materials can be determined.
- The set includes a sensitive XR 4.0 X-ray energy detector (09058-30) with a resolution of FWHM < 400 eV, rate independent up to 20 kcps.
- The XR 4.0 X-ray energy detector is mounted directly and easily onto the XR 4.0 X-ray goniometer (09057-10) of the XR 4.0 X-ray unit (09057-99).
- Direct connection of the XR 4.0 X-ray energy detector (09058-30) via the internal and external socket panel to the multichannel analyser (13727-99) that also supplies the supply voltage.
Equipment and Technical Data
The set includes the following components:
- XR 4.0 X-ray goniometer, 09057-10
- XR 4.0 X-ray energy detector, 09058-30
- Multi-channel analyser, 13727-99
- Software for the multi-channel analyser, 14452-61
- XR 4.0 X-ray set of chemicals for edge absorption, 1 set, 09056-04
- XR 4.0 X-ray lithium fluoride (LiF) monocrystal in a holder, 09056-05
- XR 4.0 X-ray universal crystal holder for the X-ray unit, 09058-02
- XR 4.0 X-ray sample holder for powder samples, 09058-09
- XR 4.0 X-ray diaphragm tube with Zr foil, 09058-03
Include chemicals needed for experiments (09056-04)