Function and Applications
Upgrade set as an extension of the XRE 4.0 X-ray expert set (09110-88). Particularly suitable for fundamental experiments in solid-state physics with X-rays.This set covers the following experiments and topics:
- Fluoroscopy and X-ray imaging
- Fundamental principles of X-ray spectroscopy
- Bragg reflection
- Bremsspectrum/characteristic lines
- Determination of Planck's quantum of action
- X-ray diffractometry
- Goniometer as an essential part of the set with two independent stepper motors for rotating the sample and counter tube holders either separately or coupled in a 2:1 ratio.
- The counter tube holder of the goniometer with a slit diaphragm holder for absorption foils can be moved in order to change the angular resolution.
- Includes a light barrier system for limiting the permissible swivelling range as a function of the block position.
- Plug & measure: The goniometer can be connected during the operation and it will be automatically identified.
Equipment and Technical Data
The set includes the following components:
- XR 4.0 X-ray goniometer, 09057-10
- Geiger-Müller counter tube, type B, 09005-00
- XR 4.0 X-ray LiF monocrystal in a holder, 09056-05
- XR 4.0 X-ray potassium bromide (KBr) monocrystal in a holder, 09056-01
Recommended upgrade sets for various applications and topics
- XRW 4.0 X-ray wireless demonstration upgrade set, 09115-88
- XRC 4.0 X-ray characteristics upgrade set, 09130-88
- XRS 4.0 X-ray structural analysis upgrade set, 09140-88
- XRI 4.0 X-ray imaging upgrade set, 09150-88
- XRM 4.0 X-ray material analysis upgrade set, 09160-88
- XRD 4.0 X-ray dosimetry and radiation damage upgrade set, 09170-88
- XRCT 4.0 X-ray Computer tomography upgrade set, 09180-88