Function and Applications
Upgrade set as an extension of the XRE 4.0 X-ray expert set (09110-88). This set is particularly suitable for the structural analysis of different types of samples in materials physics, chemical analysis, and mineralogy.
The set covers the following experiments and topics:
- Fluoroscopy and X-ray imaging
- Debye-Scherrer analyses and images
- Laue diffraction patterns
- Fundamental principles of X-ray spectroscopy
- Bragg reflection, Bragg-Brentano geometry
- Determination of Planck's quantum of action
- X-ray diffractometry
- Texture analyses of grown materials
- Monochromatisation of X-rays
- Analysis of crystals with different crystal structures: cubic, hexagonal, tetragonal, diamond, BCC, and FCC
- Material analyses with different techniques: diffractometric and photographic analyses
- Samples of different structures: monocrystalline and polycrystalline samples, powder crystallites
Equipment and Technical Data
The set includes the following components:
- XR 4.0 X-ray plug-in unit copper tube
- XR 4.0 X-ray goniometer, 09057-10
- Geiger-Müller counter tube, type B, 09005-00
- XR 4.0 X-ray LiF crystal in a holder, 09056-05
- XR 4.0 X-ray NaCl monocrystals, set of 3,09058-01
- XR 4.0 X-ray set of chemicals for edge absorption, 1 set, 09056-04
- XR 4.0 X-ray diaphragm tube with Ni foil, 09056-03
- XR 4.0 X-ray potassium bromide monocrystal in a holder for the Bragg reflection, 09056-01
- XR 4.0 X-ray diaphragm tube with Zr foil, 09058-03
- XR 4.0 X-ray crystal holder for Laue images, 09058-11
- XR 4.0 X-ray universal crystal holder for the X-ray unit, 09058-02
- XR 4.0 X-ray sample holder for powder samples, 09058-09
- accessories for the structural analysis set: chemicals etc.
Computer not included.
Include chemicals for experiments (09057-89).