The kinetic energy of a body depends on its mass and speed. If the body is accelerated, the increase in energy results from the speeds before and after the acceleration.
If a force acts on a body over a distance, the work performed on it is calculated from the product of force and distance.
Work is therefore energy that is transferred to a body by forces. It is important that the force acts along the distance travelled.
- Free measuring software DigiCartAPP for all mobile devices and all operating systems (Windows, Android, iOS).
- Especially understandable and didactically prepared test description can be called up in the DigiCartAPP.
- Complete evaluation function for the measured data directly in the DigiCartAPP.
- Long-life lithium-ion batteries with charge protection function
- Transmission of measurement data via Bluetooth 4.0
- Integrated sensors (force, speed, acceleration and position sensor)
- Digital measured value acquisition:
- Future-oriented teaching: Integration into digital science teaching with tablets or smartphones.
- Increased student motivation by using the intuitive DigiCartAPP.
- Increase of media competence.
1) Accelerate the DigiCart several times at a constant mass by varying the forces on a defined path and analyse the relationship between the mechanical work done and speed.
2) Accelerate the DigiCart with a constant force over defined distances of varying length and analyse the relationship between the mechanical work performed and speed.
In this experiment the students learn about the mathematical relationship between mechanical work and speed.