Article no. P1443701 | Type: Experiments
Planarians belong to the class of the free-living flatworms (Turbellaria) and these, in turn, belong to the phylum of platyhelminthes (flatworms). They occur in both freshwater and marine environments, feeding as predators, for example, on the eggs of fishes and shrimps in aquaria. They therefore present a problem to breeders of ornamental fishes.
On account of its large number of stem cells, the planarian Dugesia tigrina is of great significance to research.
- Experiment is part of a complete solution set with a total of 50 experiments for all microscopy applications
- With student worksheet, appropriate for all class levels
- With detailed instructor information, incl. sample microscopy image
- Optimized for tight schedules, i.e. minimum preparation time required
- Microscopy solution set specifically designed to include all required accessories
- Content available with matching multimedia files
- Gather information as to why they are feared and explore the structure of these flatworms.