Magnetic poles and polarity
Article no. P1085700 | Type: Experiments
The pupils should understand
- that that it is at the two ends of a bar magnet, the magnetic poles, that the strongest forces appear.
- why the two ends of a magnet are called the north and the south poles.
- how one can identify the two poles.
- which forces appear between magnetic poles.
Quick and easy experiment for qualitatively understanding of magnetic phenomena
- To find out at which positions on a magnet iron pieces are most strongly attracted.
- To i´nvestigate how the two enda of a magnet can be distinguished by their different effects.