TESS expert Physics Handbook X-ray Experiments for XR 4.0 expert unit
Article no. 01200-02 | Type: Literature & Media
Function and Applications
Comprehensive collection of reference experiments concerning the fundamental principles and use of X-rays in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, material science and geology with the XR 4.0 X-ray unit platform as a pool of ideas concerning the potential areas of application in demonstration and laboratory experiments. A clear matrix simplifies the orientation in terms of scientific fields and topics.
- Characteristic X-radiation / atomic structure / quantum physics and chemistry
- X-ray absorption
- Compton scattering
- Crystal structures/structural analysis with X-rays/Debye-Scherrer experiments (counting tube goniometer)
- Transirradiation experiments/non-destructive testing
Equipment and Technical Data
- Experiment descriptions with clearly structured learning objectives, fundamental principles, photo of the set-up, equipment list, tasks, illustrated instructions concerning the set-up and procedure, theory and evaluation with example results plus important notes concerning the operation and safety of the equipment. This simplifies the orientation and execution as well as the selection of the experiment parts for personalised laboratory experiments. The information provided is so comprehensive that no other background information is required.
- For every experiment, the software package "XRM 4.0 measure X-ray" includes presettings for the easy and direct execution of the experiment at the push of a button as well as numerous example measurements.
- Experiment matrix for quick orientation
- Operating instructions concerning the components of the XR 4.0 platform including detailed information
- DIN A4 format, spiral-bound, colour print, 377 pages