Hall effect in metals
Article no. P2530300 | Type: Experiments
The Hall effect in thin zinc and copper foils is studied and the Hall coefficient determined. The effect of temperature on the Hall voltage is investigated.
- Hall effect in metals for different metal foils
- High current power supply guarantees the precise results
- Clear setup where all important parts are visible
- Setup transformator to produce a high magnetic field, measured by a teslameter (included)
- The Hall voltage is measured in thin copper and zinc foils.
- The Hall coefficient is determined from measurements of the current and the magnetic induction.
- The temperature dependence of the Hall voltage is investigated on the copper sample.
- Normal Hall effect
- Anomalous Hall effect
- Charge carriers
- Hall mobility
- Defect electrons