Article no. P2120300 | Type: Experiments
The relationship between torque and angle of rotation is determined when metal bars are twisted. The hysteresis curve is recorded.
- Beyond Hooke's law
- Hysteresis – mostly known from the field of magnetism – can be experienced in mechanics
- Learn the meaning of the words stress, relaxation and equilibrium in a physics context
- Various torsion rods out of different material and with several diameters included
- Record the hysteresis curve of steel and copper rods.
- Record the stress-relaxation curve with various relaxation times of different materials.
- Mechanical hysteresis
- Torsion modulus
- Plastic flow
- Hooke's law